Getting Started - A Step-by-Step Guide
Here are a few simple steps to help you get started using iOWEYOU...
Get an account
- Firstly you need to register and login
- you can find these linked from the home page.
Set up your group
- Once logged in, start a group and invite everyone who shares with you - they will be sent an email
with a link allowing them to join your group.
- You can set up as many separate groups as you need. (For example: one for your housemates, one for your
club and one for you and your parents.)
Start logging expenses
- Now that your group is set up, you can log any purchase you make. Each 'expense' contains a cost, a description
and stores who it applies to
- This is an ongoing process - there is no need to log everything at once!
Find out how much you owe
- Just log in and click 'View Amount Owed' - an instant report will tell you how much you owe each
member of your group or how much they owe you.
Pay people back
- If you pay someone back, just log that as a 'Settlement' - the amount you owe them will be offset
against how much you've paid them back.
- This allows you to easily keep track of how much you're spending.